Yup, it’s possible. It took me 30min to find my room. *LOL* Sheradon Cotai has 4001 rooms. Sufficed to say that I was bewildered by this 5 star hotel experience. Welcome to Cotai, Macau!
Amazingly HUGE!!! Cotai was CRAZY. It was endless hotels linked with neverending shopping, casinos and entertainment. There’s not much to pick on with a 5 star hotel of this scale. Here’s my highlights:
- Kungfu Panda breakfast *denied 😦
- Dreamworks characters (love)
- Got lost looking for my room.
Okay, the kungfu panda breakfast was PACKED! I did not book in advance as this was a spontaneous trip 😦 So yes, I was denied (cry). I want kungfu panda dimsum sooooo bad.
In my distress, I found other dreamworks characters. It was a great pick me up / feel better moment. Ooooo and they have kungfu panda class too. Too bad that I’m 20 years above their age limit. I made a point to tweet to Sheraton “demanding” to know why there’s an age limit to the Kungfu panda class. I mean, that was out right ageism / discrimination. Sheraton has not replied back.
Yes, this is review. Here’s the photos of the standard double room. It is a 5 star hotel. 300+ count satin weave cotton sheet was a standard, fluffy cotton robes, loads of amenities and a portable device with traveling tips. Moderate, consistant water pressure shower. I mention water pressure because I’ve experienced hell shower from Westin hotel. Fab story for another time *LOL*
Sheraton is a lot less opulent compared to its neighbours – Venetian and Parisian. The decoration here is still pretty continental and not over the top.Finally, what’a little hotel review without some of my classic drama? I got lost wahahaha. Here is a short video of me “finding my room”. You will see from my video just how crazy the facilities was in this hotel.
- Buses are for FREE. Courtesy of a bunch of mega hotels in Cotai. Watch out for hotel sponsored buses for free round the town transport.
- Book for Kungfu panda breakfast in advance to avoid disappointment like me.
- Guests enjoy a bunch of discount with various stores, restaurants and spa. Check the leaflet in the room for details.
- Dreamworks characters have SCHEDULE. Check their meet and greet time.
- Bottled water is unlimited and FREE of charge. Grab one before going out to sight see. Bottled water sells for around USD3 in the touristy areas.
- If you’re dying for some tea and don’t want to fork out USD10, you can sit down to gamble a bit (even the USD0.01 machines). Tea and coffee is free for all who gambles. *LOL*
Where was I?
Sheraton Grand Macao Hotel
Estrada do Istmo. s/n, Cotai, Macau
This hotel stay was a treat from a childhood friend and his mom. Known him since 1996. Thank you, bro 😀
Please be a sweetheart & support one of my social media xox
Camera: Canon 5D mark 3 and Sony Z3+