I found this tag on youtube. Don’t feel like making a video out of it though 😛 So here we go, adapting this youtube tag into the web blog world.
1. Popular makeup product you don’t like
Dior face and body foundation. Seriously, that stuff ages me within 15min. Refer to my close up photos in the review.
I am well over 30 and don’t have any fillers. That stuff only looks good for the camera. In real life, it looks makeup and not natural looking at all. Plus, did I mention that it aged me within 15min?
2. Popular makeup product/brand that everyone else seems to hate but you love
I love natural hair brushes. I almost only use natural hair brushes for all powder product application. Natural hair has microscopic scales, it grips the powder better.
3. Makeup collab you didn’t like or were not interested in
I have very little interest in collabs, almost indifferent? So little that I don’t even remember which one I disliked LOL.
4. Popular makeup step that you never do
Setting spray. Why on earth will I risk ruining my hard work with this extra step?
5. Popular beauty influencer you don’t subscribe to/watch
I don’t watch big youtubers in general because I prefer to watch fellow consumers who paid for the products.
Big influencers that I don’t watch or avoid watching (in descending order):
- Glam Life Guru
- James Charles
- Jaclyn Hill
- Dr Dray
- Manny MUA
- Patrick Star
I find all of them really uncomfortable to watch, so I tend to not watch them at all. I think it’s the way they deliver information that makes me cringe a lot. I can’t pin point why. I feel rather indifferent towards these influencers. The feeling is more that they don’t entertain me or I don’t trust them, so I don’t watch.
6. Popular makeup product/brand that you don’t use/support anymore
Benefit. Okay, old readers probably already know about this.
I loved a few of their products (Dandelion, Benetint and Hoola) and have repurchased all 3 in the past. However, ever since the smelly brush incident that I’ve experienced, I no longer purchase anything from this brand.
A normal quality assurance procedure would ask for batch number and ask for the product to be sent to the lab for testing (plus as a bunch of questions). Nope, not Benefit. If the brush gave off a pungent smell even after washing, is it worth investigating? I offered to send them the brush (I did not ask for any compensation) for diagnosis. Long story short, their quality department’s behaviour has convinced me that they have no proper quality control system in place. So these days, I am too scared to use any of their products. I’ve also stopped giving Benefit products as present to my friends.
7. Makeup trend that you have no interest in trying
Long pointy nails. (shudders) This trend does not look safe okay. I feel like if I have nails like that I’d poke my hubby’s eye out by mistake or something. I am too clumsy for that. How do people type with them? How do they shake hands with people?
8. Makeup product that was better in theory than when you used it. Either swatched better or worked better on others than on you.
I tried hard to limit myself with this one.
In theory, this will be a great travel item, I can only imagine how frustrating it is to actually use it though. Can you imagine having to unscrew and screw the the brushes every time you use this?
Bourjois Fabuleux lip transformer is a stunning lip topper that can transform any lipstick into either matte or glittery finish. I have swatched this in store and I LOVE the matte one. The texture and consistancy was super smooth. It sounded like the perfect solution to the cream lipsticks that I’ve fallen out of love with.
However, how on earth is this one going to stay clean? Like what will happen to the tip after I apply it on top of my lipstick? I can only imagine how gross this will become. Needless to say, I put this one down.
This stuff looks stunning! The packaging, the colours, everything about it looks great. Big problem is that one side is a CREAM and the other side is a powder. The cream is supposed to be a multi-purpose lid and lip thing, but practically, I don’t think balm on the lids is a great idea. Balm or anything creamy on the lids is bound to destroy the mascara.
So that’s it~~ The end. What’s your thought on the products that I’ve mentioned?
Join the fun
I will love to see these bloggers doing a unpopular opinion makeup tag post:-
- Hoi Yin Li (UK), from https://hoiyinli.com She has a lifestyle blog that has a lovely laid back touch to it. I enjoy her writing style.
- Rachel (UK), from https://helplesswhilstdrying.com Amazeball photos and tons of content. She has a hardcore blog schedule. Total makeup addict. **Rachel’s post is up!!! – https://helplesswhilstdrying.com/beauty/unpopular-opinion-makeup-tag/
- Jodi (CA), from https://abrashattitude.com The only cruelty free bblogger that I follow. Many cruelty free bbloggers give off the holier than thou vibe. Jodi is down to earth and an all rounder sweetheart. **Jodi’s post is up!!!! – https://abrashattitude.com/2020/01/10/unpopular-opinions-makeup-tag/
- Stashy (CA), from http://stashmatter.com She has over 100 blushes, all purchased by her aka serial makeup hoarder. She’ve retired from blogging, but still love her tons. Come back, Stashy~~~
Anyone can participate 😉 This isn’t exclusive. Please add your link below and I’ll pop over to read yours.
It provides the best information regarding the unpopular opinion makeup.I would suggest the people to go through this blog. I like how you have researched and presented these exact points so clearly. I will bookmark your site; I hope to read more such informative contents in future. When you look for same type of great content, like here then check out this Forbiddenbeauty.nz also.
I agree with so much of your opinions on this tag. I rarely ever do tags anymore, but I’ll do this one! <3
😉 yas!!!! I can’t wait to read yours, Jodi xox