This is what I use when I want to look fresh no matter how long the flight is or no sleep for the day. When I was in my 20’s, I have always admired my 40+ boss for her ALWAYS radiance look, no matter what hell back-to-back travel she went through. Eventually, I realised that her secret was actually very simple and very few products were involved. Essentially, there are only 8 products (skincare + makeup)!
I am not recommending a particular brand; it is more about why I pick these type of items. The products mentioned are the items that are in my hand luggage. With just these 8 products, I manage to look good for business meetings (or at least in my opinion lol).
Due to having experienced mulitple “lost” or late luggage incidents, my outbound carry-on tends to be a bit more heavy than my inbound 😉
In-flight skin care
- Cleanser – Use the kind that requires water. Wipes will not do the job. The splash of water really helps to freshen up
- Sunscreen SPF50 or higher, must have UVA protection AND apply over 1.25ml to the face to be as effective as indicated
- Self heating eye mask** – This is NOT an essential product, it is a nice to have. This is a dry product and does not leave any residuals.
With the exception of sunscreen, I usually only take sachet with me if I have them. I always hustle the salesman to offer me sachets when I make my purchases. I don’t fly anywhere without at least 15ml of sunscreen in my carry-on. It is my “desert island” sort of product.
- Complexion product – sheer to light coverage to even out the skin tone. DO NOT go for full coverage product, stay luminous and let the skin showing through looks more fresh.
- Concealer – spot cover where required
- Luminous finish or dewy finish blush – radiance complexion
- Eye brow product (if you have blond eye lashes, mascara is a better option)
- Lipstick or lip gloss that is NOT matte
Consideration: bad lighting, no mirror, minimal tools required, light weight
- Etude House Any Cushion foundation
- KATE (kanebo) the base zero stick concealer
- Clinique chubby stick blush in robust rubarb ** double up as eye shadow
- Majolica Majorca (shiseido) eyebrow pencil sword shape
- Dior lip glow 001
No additional sponge or brushes are involved in this routine 😉
For more 5 products only makeup ideas, click here. I have been pushing this less is more idea for a while haha.
I am quite happy walking around bare faced (as long as it is washed and has a ton of sunscreen). So this routine is probably a bit too lazy for most people, but hey, this is what I do 😉
Bought everything was bought in brick and mortar store with my own money. Links are to the official brand site for reference. For the Etude House cushion foundation, I am not sure if they’ve changed the packaging or the formula, so that’s why I haven’t linked it.
What bag is this?
This see-though bag is from Acte Nation. I won this in a lucky draw in Jan 2019. The exterior is made of Italian calf leather and the interior is polyurethane (so no worries if anything spills). You’ve probably seen it a few times on my inflight / carry on IG story. It is surprisingly hardy to my rough handling LOL
Shortly after I published this post, I realised that my packaging habits haven’t changed that much over the year; throw back 2016 post on 10 must pack items for long haul flight.