I am Joyce, a micro-entrepreneur, blogger based in Paris. I love to wander around getting lost everywhere I go, and I laugh a lot. That’s why my slogan is: Explore. Laugh. Repeat.Beauty related profile
This blog started out as a digital travel journal, because my real life journals were getting out of hand and there’s no space to keep them all. Little by little, I started to write about beauty, blog admin and other lifestyle topics.
Mainly travel solo or with my spouse. I love exploring affordable local options. Spending like crazy is not my idea of fun. Price tag and expectation has an exponential relationship in my books; aka splurge usually results in disappointment.
Favourite tourism is cooking class, hike, museum and local street food. Walking around getting lost is pretty good too. I do regularly ignore reading ‘top list’ and ‘best list’. I find that if I wander around enough, I’ll spot something that tickles my fancy. Personal experience is good enough for me.
In a nutshell?
- I can read/speak: English, Cantonese, Mandarin, Japanese and
Afrikaans(gone to hell due to lack of practice). Currently studying French.
- I hate spending money on transport i.e. flight, ferry, train, bus…
- I prefer rural and non-city travel.
- I am fond of minshuku and hostel experience.
- My favourite destination is firmly Japan.
- I can drive a manual car, but cannot parallel park a Smart car >_<
- I sleep easily on a long haul flight or bus or anywhere.
- The way I tend to pack? 2 nights travel means a 20L. 8 weeks is a 45L for summer / 60L for winter. A carry-on case is enough luggage room for my 30+ days summer travel. *I will bring a check-in luggage if I plan to haul*
- My backpack max tolerance weight is 12kg. I am 157cm, weigh +/- 43kg.
- I love meat, but do not eat lamb.
Where am I from?
- I was born in Hong Kong.
- Chilled in Durban for 10 years
- Partied/worked in Cape Town for 8 years
- Exported to Shanghai for 8 years
- Lived in London for a year
Now live in Paris 😀 I clearly have an identity crisis issue. LOL
My motto is, ‘Ichigo ichie’. In English: One opportunity, one encounter
All photos are my own unless stated otherwise. Support original work! If you will use my photos / videos, please do not remove my watermark; otherwise, please ask me for permission.
Still want to know more about me?Click here
I opened my own e-shop in Oct 2019! https://joyceb.fr