My name is Joyce Belfort, 30+ and laugh a lot.
Mainly travel solo or with my spouse. I love exploring affordable local options. Spending like crazy is not my idea of fun. Price tag and expectation has an exponential relationship in my books.
Favourite tourism is cooking class, hiking, museum and local street food. Walking around getting lost is pretty good too. I do regularly ignore reading ‘top list’ and ‘best list’. Personal experience is good enough for me.In a nutshell:
- I can read/speak: English, Cantonese, Mandarin, Japanese and
Afrikaans(gone to hell due to lack of practice). Currently studying French.
- I hate spending money on transport i.e. flight, ferry, train, bus…
- I prefer rural and non-city travel.
- I am fond of minshuku and hostel experience.
- My favourite destination is firmly Japan.
- I can drive a manual car, but cannot parallel park a Smart car >_<
- I sleep easily on a long haul flight or bus or anywhere.
- The way I tend to pack? 2 nights travel means a 20L. 8 weeks is a 45L for summer / 60L for winter. A carry-on case is enough luggage room for my 30+ days summer travel. *I will bring a check-in luggage if I plan to haul*
- My backpack max tolerance weight is 12kg. I am 157cm, weigh +/- 43kg.
- This is my 3rd blogging attempt. My first attempt was on the platform called geocities…
Where am I from?
- I was born in Hong Kong.
- Chilled in Durban for 10 years
- Partied/worked in Cape Town for 8 years
- Exported to Shanghai for 8 years
- Lived in London for a year
Now live in Paris 😀 I clearly have an identity crisis issue. *LOL*
My motto is, ‘Ichigo ichie’. In English: One opportunity, one encounter
Joyce BelfortAll photos are my own unless stated otherwise. Support original work! I will be honoured if you’d like to use my photos. However, please do alert me and add my name to it 😉
Still want to know more about me and the site?
Anything hashtag #personal
Traces of me can also be found…