- Dry cheeks & forehead – Autumn / winter feels tight, occasional dry flakes. Spring summer is normal
- Moderately oily nose – Shiny by 5 hours after wash
- My apples have started to deflate
- Does not have any visible lines around my eyes
- Dehydration lines on cheek area when moisturisers “fade”
Major skin concerns
- Blackheads / whiteheads, pores on my nose and between brows
- Autumn/Winter dehydration lines near my mouth if I don’t moisturise like crazy
- Occasional dark shadows under my eyes (not quite blue yet, but it bothers me)
- Monthy breakout visitors on my chin or forehead
- Often breakout near my eye brows (odd place, I know)
- I have way bigger freckles on my right cheek than my left
- Crazy crack lips – more of my friends’ concerns than me wahahaha
What is the perfect match to me? Match colour to upper chest.
- Clarins True Radiance 108 sand beige *this is a little more red than my body
- MAC pro longwear spf20 compact foundation – NC25
- MAC face & body – C2 (most of the year) & C3 (tanned). I do mix the 2 as well, because I usually have both all the time.
- Marc Jacobs remarcable beige light 32
- Bare minerals original foundation light
- Kate powderless liquid foundation – OCC (most of th year) or OCD (tanned)
- Primavista liquid foundation – OC05
- L’Oreal lumi cushion – 03 vanilla *EU version
- Bourjois healthy mix foundation – 052 (winter) and 053 (tanned)
- Bourjois healthy mix serum foundation – 52 vanilla winter/spring
This is 100% natural curl. Frizz / curl tightness changes from day to day. Wearing L’oreal Lumi cushion foundation 03 vanilla & no other make up. Natural lighting from the window.
Natually intense black, curly and coarse; teamed with oily scalp and dry ends. I have made peace with my frizz. I don’t use any expensive hair products unless they’re freebies. Will not consider any hair product beyond the price of Lush hair shampoo bar or Paul Mitchell clarifying shampoo #3.
Always short – either round shape or squarish. Very strong nails (I can open cartons with my nails without breaking them) I have a steady hand and know how to do my own gel nails. I never cut my cuticles. Largely too lazy to care, but I do like buying / collecting nail polishes.
Favourite beauty blog
My all time favourite beauty blog is: http://stashmatters.com/ Stashy is thorough with her products and she has a crazy stash lol. Most importantly, I can relate to her comments for many products. Her skin tone NC20-NC25 and concerns are practically the same as me.
In general, I stop reading asap when the person sounds mild in her / his opinion. I do prefer mega negative (even swear) reviews than the CRAZY over the top magical/best/love everything reviews.
- I am obsessed with checking country of origin.
- I do not use or buy any lip product that is made in China / PRC. I do not keep any in my stash either. I only have this issue with lip products. Solely because of the high potential of eating the product.
- I do compare ingredients list between my previous purchase vs the repurchase.
- I HATE brands/products that poised themselves as ‘high end’ but make their goods in China.
- “Not tested on animals” is not a purchase determinant.
Left: Bare face
Right: Full on cake face by MAC
Aw I just read this. How sweet of you to link to my blog! 🙂
I swear I could have written your Quirks section myself! EXACTLY ME!
I think my skintone is just ever slightly fairer than yours as MAC Face & Body C2 is slightly too dark / ochre for me.
Love your make over at MAC! You look like a woodland creature! XD
Wahaha, turns out I am your tanned doppelganger LOL Thanks 😀 I tried to recreate that look at home, it took me 30min sigh