Thank you to Viivi Severina for the nomination 😀
What is Sunshine Blogger Award?
The Sunshine Blogger Award is given to those who are inspiring and bring sunshine into the lives of their readers and fellow bloggers.
Diving straight into this. The questions from Viivi are:
- When did you start your first blog and if it is not the current one about what it was? ===> 1994 on the platform ‘Geocities’. It was a fan girl blog *LOL* Kind of glad my first blog no longer exist 😛
- Dream travel destination? ===> Antarctica
- Name one book/movie that has inspired you ===> Jiro Dream of Sushi. Jiro is a sheer statement of perseverance and perfectionist.
- What countries have you traveled to? ===> USA, Denmark, Sweden, Finland, Baltic, Netherland, France, Germany, Greece, Swiss, UK, Spain, Italy, India, Bangladesh, Cambodia, Vietnam, Indonesia, Singapore, Qatar, South Korea, Thailand, China, Hong Kong & Macau, Japan, Taiwan, Australia, South Africa… I’ve probably left something out.
- Tell something funny that has happened for you in plane. ===> A guy who was clearly SUPER shy, did a sells pitch. He was VERY well rehearsed and looked crazy nervous. The products that he was selling was ridiculous (just think TV infomercial products). It was by far the most entertaining show ever. Courtesy of Spring Airline (LOL). ROFL.
- What is your own favorite post from your blog? ===> Bamboo slide for noodles in Miyazaki 😀 Nagashi-somen :9
- What are your three must listen road trip songs? ===> I don’t listen to music on the road
- Do you believe in destiny? ===> Sort of. I believe if it is time to die, it is time. However, everything else up to that point is determined solely by me.
- Share your secret blogging advice with everyone ===> I do not read review about the topic that I’m about to publish, because it can tilt my judgement and impair my ability from writing something original. If I don’t read about it prior to publishing, then if I spot someone else’s blog afterwards, it means that we think alike and not ‘plagiarism’ 😛
- Train, car, ship or plane travel? Which one do you prefer? ===> Train 😀
- Introduce your blog in three words ===> savvy local tourist >_< this question is too difficult
I nominate the following SUNSHINE bloggers 😀
- Japan etc. – Minamosun writes minimalist pieces about places all over Japan. No fluff (LOVE).
- Tagnoue – Guess what, this one is about Japan again 😀 I am a huge sucker for these short post about Japan 😛
- Kei Nakamura – Hiroshima guy, living in Kyoto, writes about his perception of things.
- Luenxx – Cheerful Korean/American girl blogging about beauty and lifestyle. She edits her photos with all the cutesy stickers. Very sweet and happy looking blog.
- Ono Okinawa – A Hawaiian in Okinawa… can’t get more sunshine than that 😛 Short stories / local information from the beautiful Okinawa Island
5 Questions from me
- What is your favourite holiday or festival?
- Why? (Q1)
- What motivates you to continue writing?
- What style of blog theme do you hate?
- If WordPress.com allows a new plug-in, what will you want it to be?
- Thank the person that nominated you
- Answer the questions from the person that nominated you
- Nominate some other bloggers for this award
- Write the same amount of questions for the bloggers you have nominated
- Notify the bloggers you have nominated
Please be a sweetheart & follow one of my social media xox
Bloglovin’ / Google+ / Twitter / Instagram / Facebook / Pinterest
Geocities LOL! Was that Angelfire? I get them all confused now. I didn’t have an online presence until maybe early 2000’s and that was only because I was really into Sims! 😛 I would download people’s “mods” for the game haha. #nerd
Have you been to Jiro’s restaurant? I suggested it to the SO but ultimately we didn’t think it would be worth all the hassle. Maybe one day!
I noticed quite glaringly that you’ve not been to CANADA! Ahem! 😛
Geocities got purchased by Yahoo! and then terminated -_- I love Sims too!!! I had all the expansion packs *LOL* Sadly, the reservation with Jiro has been impossible. I’ve tried to book twice. He wasn’t fully booked, it just that it has to be through a specific hotel and as a foreigner need to prove intention to be in Japan etc >_< It was crazy *sigh*
Heee… don't read so carefully 😛 I'll visit CA, I promise haha
Thank you for the nomination Joyce! I’ll do this as soon as possible~ you’ve traveled to so many places! And I want to travel to Antarctica too????
😀 My pleasure. Your blog is so cheerful. An obvious nomination.
I think most of people are regretting their first blogs 😀 and I agree with that blogging advice! 🙂
???????? I think my first blog was decent in content quality. It just that the topic is so embarrassing for my current 30+ self wahaha
Thank you, Joyce 😉